November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving! I’ve got so much to be thankful for…caring family, wonderful amazing friends, stable career, and the list goes on and on and on… just very thankful for everything God has blessed me with. I’m surrounded by so much love, and love in all forms is a special thing. Thank you to all the awesome people in my life!
I’d also like to share a very special Height of Happiness. One year ago today, my boyfriend Ryan told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, and asked me to marry him! I was lucky enough to find such a genuine guy who makes me laugh every day, and is always willing and ready to take me on. He’s one of the most positive forces that surround me. He always finds a way to be optimistic about any situation, and that has really helped me overcome challenging times. We all need supportive people like that in our lives. I can honestly say that he has helped me want to be a better person. I can’t thank him enough for being who he is, and always believing in me. He’s definitely one of the reasons I wake up with a smile on my face. I can’t wait to marry him. Very thankful for the Happy Love.
March 31, 2010
Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
– Oprah Winfrey
When we focus on everything that isn’t there, or could be lacking, we can lose sight of all the other blessings in our lives. It’s important to remember to be grateful and appreciative of what we do have. When you’re upset or frustrated about something that you’re having trouble attaining, stop and remind yourself that your life is still full of great things, great people, great places! Don’t forget to look around and see that you probably already have everything you need, anything more than that is a bonus. If we feel happy and fulfilled that we already have so much, we can appreciate everything else we may get along the way even more.
This is one of my favorite pics of my cousins and I on a weekend family getaway!
Among the many, many things I love about my life and are incredibly grateful for, here are a few…big and small, that make me happy:
- My family who help me appreciate everything I have, to remember what’s really important, and have taught me so many lessons to help me face the world.
- My fiance Ryan. He keeps me grounded, is amazingly loving, genuinely kind, selfless, and makes me laugh from the heart every day!
- My wonderful friends! Those awesome people in my life I know I can always depend on to lift me up. Together we laugh, cry, and tell the painful truth to one another to help eachother grow. They will be there when I’m old and gray.
- A reliable car to get me safely through my commute each day.
- A comfy bed to sleep in every night.
- My health
- A career
- Learning something new
- Being able to see other parts of the world
- Growing up and living in San Diego
- A camera to capture the moments
- Being easily amused
- Sushi rolls
- Dim Sum
- Cadbury Mini Eggs, which are only sold during spring time
- Carne Asada Fries (an SD thing!)
- The Twilight Saga
- The amount of clothes I’ve managed to collect
- My favorite boots to wear in the rain
- The beach
- My cell phone
- The internet
- A creative outlet
- The kindness of strangers
- Daily inspiration
March 18, 2010
Blogging…what a great way to express yourself and acknowledge all that’s good in the world. A couple of friends who want to embrace and celebrate all things positive in their lives. To inspire themselves, eachother, and anyone else along the way. Be positive. Be grateful. Be happy!
March 16, 2010
The Gautane Family. The 4 kiddos drew this picture to welcome their Dad home. He had been in Kuwait for 4 months.
The power of family is pretty amazing.
“Family” can refer to the relationship with pets, a close knit group of friends, it can even be your co-workers.
They do so many healing things for your soul. They …
… scoop you out of your pity pot
… wipe away your wasted tears
… listen to you whine and complain
… don’t judge you
… remind you to never loose hope
… give you something to look forward too everyday
… forgive you when you’ve hurt their feelings
… pray for you when you forget to pray for yourself
… and the list goes on and on and on …
Believe it or not, you do the same thing for your family, too. That’s the beauty of family, all things positive are reciprocated without question.
When it boils down to it, life on this planet is pretty darn depressing if you don’t have a family.
Be thankful for the family that you have. I know they are thankful for you.