I recently bought one of his books called The Power of Intention written by Dr. Wayne Dyer which explores the idea that intention is not something we do, but an energy we are a part of. I know exactly what he is referring to. Everything falls into place when I give into this force that tells me something just “feels right.”
Here’s an excerpt from page 10 of the book that I thought was very interesting. I hope you find it interesting too.
Ego is made of six primary ingredients that account for how we experience ourselves as disconnected. By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention. Briefly, here are the six ego beliefs. I’ve written more extensively about them in several of my previous books, most notably Your Sacred Self.
- I am what I have. My possession define me.
- I am what I do. My achievements define me.
- I am what others think of me. My reputation defines me.
- I am separate from everyone. My body defines me as alone.
- I am separate from all that is missing in my life. My life space is disconnected from my desires.
- I am separate from God. My life depends on God’s assessment of my worthiness.
No matter how hard you try, intention can’t be accessed through ego, so take some time to recognize and read just any or all of these six beliefs. When the supremacy of ego is weakened in your life, you can seek intention and maximize your potential.