“A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.”
I think the message here is that it’s important to have a good self image of yourself, and what you’re capable of. With all the different outside factors that can bring insecurity and a distorted self perception of oneself, it can sometimes be hard to say I love myself or I can do it.
A lot of times the obstacles to overcoming things are really all in our minds. We can’t always control what happens in our lives, but we can influence what we think about them. Happiness is a state of mind. If you keep telling yourself that your life sucks, then your life probably will seem like it is that bad. In turn, if you think more positively, then the chances are you’ll react more proactively and act in a way that would bring a better outcome.
Here’s a few things that can help us to think more positively:
- Avoid negative influences. Try to steer clear of people who’s negative mindset can rub you the wrong way too. Attitudes are contagious.
- Find a quote or affirmation you can repeat to yourself when you’re in a difficult situation.
- Help others. It makes you feel good.
- Appreciate all the great things you already have.
- Make a goal. You can feel good about the progress you make towards a goal. It’s when you don’t have one that life gets stagnant and boring.
- Listen to positive music. The current soundtrack of our lives can influence our feelings and actions too.