Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
– Oprah Winfrey
When we focus on everything that isn’t there, or could be lacking, we can lose sight of all the other blessings in our lives. It’s important to remember to be grateful and appreciative of what we do have. When you’re upset or frustrated about something that you’re having trouble attaining, stop and remind yourself that your life is still full of great things, great people, great places! Don’t forget to look around and see that you probably already have everything you need, anything more than that is a bonus. If we feel happy and fulfilled that we already have so much, we can appreciate everything else we may get along the way even more.
Among the many, many things I love about my life and are incredibly grateful for, here are a few…big and small, that make me happy:
- My family who help me appreciate everything I have, to remember what’s really important, and have taught me so many lessons to help me face the world.
- My fiance Ryan. He keeps me grounded, is amazingly loving, genuinely kind, selfless, and makes me laugh from the heart every day!
- My wonderful friends! Those awesome people in my life I know I can always depend on to lift me up. Together we laugh, cry, and tell the painful truth to one another to help eachother grow. They will be there when I’m old and gray.
- A reliable car to get me safely through my commute each day.
- A comfy bed to sleep in every night.
- My health
- A career
- Learning something new
- Being able to see other parts of the world
- Growing up and living in San Diego
- A camera to capture the moments
- Being easily amused
- Sushi rolls
- Dim Sum
- Cadbury Mini Eggs, which are only sold during spring time
- Carne Asada Fries (an SD thing!)
- The Twilight Saga
- The amount of clothes I’ve managed to collect
- My favorite boots to wear in the rain
- The beach
- My cell phone
- The internet
- A creative outlet
- The kindness of strangers
- Daily inspiration